For any other issues not on this list, you can refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/winsock/windows-sockets-error-codes-2 if you know a bit about how networks / sockets work.
Below is a list of all the Launcher Error Codes, what they mean & how to solve them in most cases.
If the launcher starts but encounters random errors they should be reported
Note: If the launcher closes immediately check the log you will find startup error codes
If the launcher gets stuck updating that means it requires administrator privileges or you need to update manually, sometimes the antivirus may block downloads as well
- The process that executed the launcher is no longer valid the user should try launching the launcher from where they installed it
- The process that executed the launcher is valid but it's not an exe
- The process that executed the launcher is valid but it's not explorer or cmd
Logger file init failed
- The launcher doesn't have the ability to create files, Launching as admin could fix the issue
Sorry Backend System Outage! Don't worry it will back on soon!
- The Backend did not respond could be the firewall or ISP
Primary Servers Offline! sorry for the inconvenience!
- The Launcher failed to check for an update firewall or ISP
Launcher Update failed!
- The launcher failed to download the new version
Cannot Create BeamNG Directory! Retrying...
- The launcher cannot create the BeamNG folder it will automatically relaunch requesting admin after 3 secs
Please close the game and try again
- This error will happen if the game is already running under the same profile / launcher was unable to reset the folder
Cannot Create Mods Directory! Retrying...
- The launcher cannot create the Mods folder it will automatically relaunch requesting admin after 3 secs
Cannot Create Settings Directory! Retrying...
- The launcher cannot create the Settings folder it will automatically relaunch requesting admin after 3 secs
Please launch the game at least once
- This will happen when the launcher tries to modify the game's profile directory and fails. Launching the game should fix it
Failed to launch the game
- This will happen when the game refused to update the profile directory
Failed to Launch the game! launcher closing soon
- Launcher failed to start the game launching the game once before retrying could fix it
Game Closed! launcher closing soon
- This will happen after the launcher was able to start the game and shouldn't happen unless the game failed to start or closed
Mod did not load! launcher closing soon
- This will happen when the mod was found not loaded by the game for 35 secs that should only happen if beamng is corrupted or when someone is attempting to load their own system
Failed to find the game please launch it. Report this if the issue persists
- Code 1 means that the launcher was unable to find the game under Steam a potential fix would be to reinstall or launch the game, also you might want to set Steam to online mode
- Code 2 means the same except the launcher was unable to find the game ID under Steam
- Code 3 means that the launcher was unable to find the game's info (where it last started version ect...)
- Code 4 means the same except the launcher was unable to open the location where those values should be
- Code 5 means that the game runtime files were not found if after launching the game it still doesn't work then report the error
Illegal steam modifications detected report this if you believe this is a mistake
- Code 1 means that the launcher found illegal files in the steam directory
¶ Other Error Codes (Server and Launcher)
Below is a list of all the Server Error Codes, what they mean & how to solve them in most cases.
Note: If the server closes immediately check the log you will find startup error codes
- There is an issue with your ports. Please check you have port forwarded and opened it on incoming on your firewall
- This is an issue with binding to the port. Check if the port is in use or use a different port
- address already in use, another BeamMP server or program is already running on that port
- bad port forwarding or other similar "unreachable" issue - verify that its all setup properly
- network reset, happens if the network drops connection while a connection is being established. should never happen. just retry
- connection aborted, timeout or other network error, just retry
- on launcher: server closed
- on server: client disconnected
Code 10060 / 10061
- network timed out, on launcher, this usually means that the server wasnt port forwarded properly
- unlikely error, but it means that the host died, so server shutdown or ports were closed, connection died some other way
- host not reachable: no internet or bad port forwarding, or any other similar issue*